- David E. Stanley, stepbrother of Elvis Presley, claims the King of Rock and Roll deliberately overdosed himself
- Stanley revealed in his upcoming tell-all book entitled ‘My Brother Elvis’ some facts about the death of the singer
- He said that when his step-brother was found dead at Graceland, his family found pills and syringes around his body
Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll, deliberately overdosed on pills.
This was claimed by his stepbrother named David E. Stanley in his upcoming tell-all book entitled ‘My Brother Elvis.’
Stanley, whose mother married Presley’s father in 1960, moved into Graceland at the age of four and also worked for the King, an article published by Daily Mail Online stated.
In his new book, Stanley revealed that Presley gave him an ominous warning two days before his death on August 16, 1977 when the latter said the next time they see each other he would be ‘on a higher plane’.
Stanley wrote that when the rock and roll icon was found dead at Graceland, his family found pills and syringes around his body; further adding that he even shoved the drugs and paraphernalia in his pockets before the police arrived.
According to Stanley, the singer was in a total mess during his final days that even his friends and family had to take care of him to include helping him use the toilet.
Stanley himself had to ‘reach inside Presley’s mouth and remove the food’ when he falls asleep at the dinner table.
The rock and roll legend, aged 42, was found dead in the bathroom floor of his Memphis mansion allegedly from a violent heart attack although some said his death was caused by a drug overdose.
‘My Brother Elvis’ is the sixth book written by David E. Stanley on Presley.