- Butch Antonio named the 14-man lineup of Gilas Pilipinas
- Out of the 14 players, two will be placed on the reserved list
- The team will fly out on June 10 for an intensive training camp in Greece
MANILA, Philippines – On his Twitter account, Gilas Pilipinas team manager Butch Antonio named the fourteen players who will fly out on Friday, June 10, for an intensive training camp in Greece.
The players who made the cut are:
- Jayson Castro (TNT)
- LA Tenorio (Barangay Ginebra)
- Ranidel De Ocampo (TNT)
- June Mar Fajardo (San Miguel Beer)
- Marc Pingris (Star Hotshots)
- Japeth Aguilar (Barangay Ginebra)
- Terrence Romeo (GlobalPort)
- Troy Rosario (TNT)
- Ryan Reyes (TNT)
- Andray Blatche (GlobalPort)
- Gabe Norwood (Rain or Shine)
- Jeff Chan (Rain or Shine)
- Calvin Abueva (Alaska)
- Ray Parks
Head coach Tab Baldwin previously expressed his satisfaction that the team’s intensity has finally picked up but he expressed concern over the health issues of some players.
Paul Lee, Greg Slaughter, and Matt Ganuelas-Rosser won’t be able to join the team because of injuries.
After the team’s 81-70 victory over Iran in their tune-up on Wednesday evening, June 8, Baldwin confirmed that Kiefer Ravena and Moala Tautuaa were both cut from the Gilas pool.
Marcio Lassiter, who has been battling bronchitis, was the last one to be cut from the team
According to an article published by Philippine Daily Inquirer, after the training camp in Greece, the team will head to Turkey and will also take part in a pocket tournament in Italy.
Out of the 14 players, two will be placed on the reserved list for the upcoming 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
A total of 18 teams will be joining the tournament and they have been divided into three groups.
The tournament will run from July 5 to 10 and only the winners of each of the groupings will qualify for the Rio Olympic Games.