- Vice Mayor and incoming presidential son Paolo ‘Pulong’ Duterte was caught for overspeeding in Davao City
- He shared on a Facebook post that it was the first time he got apprehended for speeding
- Pulong said he was driving fast to get home to his already angry wife
- The reelected vice mayor lauded the traffic officers for doing their job
- Incidentally, Inday Sara was also apprehended on the same violation in 2014, while the incoming president was caught for driving a motorcycle without a helmet
DAVAO CITY, Philippines – When you get caught for a violation in a city where ‘no one is above the law’, you are sure to get apprehended. And this goes to everyone – including the vice mayor of the city, who also happens to be the incoming presidential son.
Paolo ‘Pulong’ Duterte, Vice Mayor of Davao City and eldest son of President-elect Rodrigo Duterte was slapped with a speeding ticket for driving at 57kph along Bangkal Street which has a 40kph max speed limit on Friday, June 17.
On a Facebook post from his official page, Pulong shared a photo of a temporary operator’s permit (TOP) that was issued to him by the city’s Land Transportation Office (LTO) personnel. He said it was the first time that he was apprehended for speeding and he was driving fast because he was in a hurry to reach home because his wife was already mad.
According to City Transport and Traffic Management Office head, retired Police Supt. Rhodelio Poliquit, Pulong’s violation was a case of reckless driving. His driver’s license was confiscated and he has to pay P2,078 at the Land Transportation Office in Davao City to retrieve it.
This was not the first time that a Duterte was apprehended in their own bailiwick. In 2014, Inday Sara was caught for the same offense, while incoming president Rody Duterte himself was flagged down for driving a motorbike without a helmet in 2009.