- American Ariel Gonzalez shared the footage of his damaged and charred mobile phone
- Gonzalez said his Galaxy Note 7 was brand new and not even two weeks old when it suddenly burst into flames
- He claimed he was using an official Samsung charger to power the phone when the incident happened
A Samsung Note 7 user has posted a video of his damaged and charred mobile phone which allegedly set on fire shortly after being plugged to charge.
In a Mirror Co UK story, it said the Galaxy Note 7 was brand new and not even two weeks old when it suddenly burst into flames.
The owner, American Ariel Gonzalez, shared the footage on his YouTube account saying he was using an official Samsung charger to power the phone when the incident happened.
Recently, Samsung announced that it is suspending sales of Galaxy Note 7 after reports reached them regarding the issues of some phones catching fire or exploding while they were charging.
Dozens of Galaxy Note 7 buyers posted pictures and videos of their faulty phones online.
An article by BBC News said that some of the images of a burnt Galaxy Note 7 were uploaded to Kakao Story, a popular social media site in Korea, on 30 August.
“There was another explosion of the Galaxy Note 7. It was my friend’s phone. A Samsung employee checked the site and he is currently in talks over the compensation with Samsung. You should use its original charger just in case and leave the phone far away from where you are while charging,” one user said.
Meanwhile, Samsung president Koh Dong-jin said that the company had launched an investigation regarding the incident and found out that a faulty battery cell made by one of its two suppliers was responsible for the problem.
“We are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market,” a statement from Samsung UK said.
“However, because our customers’ safety is an absolute priority, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note 7. For UK customers who already have Galaxy Note 7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks,” the statement added.