Paolo Ballesteros revealed that there are many movie projects lined up for him but he emphasized that “Eat Bulaga” will remain his priority.
According to an article published by Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP), the TV host-actor who played the role of the transgender woman Trisha, in the highly acclaimed film, “Die Beautiful”, said in a recent interview that his movie projects come after “Eat Bulaga”.
“So, kailangan, (we need to) work our way around that,” he added.
He revealed that he had already chosen a new film project, but he did not disclose any details about it.
Paolo has always been very vocal about the importance of the noontime show in his life and he even said previously that if he wasn’t suspended from “Eat Bulaga” last year, it wouldn’t have been possible for him to do the movie “Die Beautiful”, which had bagged him the Best Actor award in the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2016 awards night on December 29 and two international awards – Special Jury Award for Outstanding Performance in the 21st International Film Festival of Kerala in India and Best Actor in the Tokyo International Film Festival.
He returned to “Eat Bulaga” last September; six months after he was suspended as a part of the top-rating noontime show’s disciplinary action after he ranted on social media about the alleged incompetence of the production staff during an event.
Reports said he was scheduled to host the Ad Summit Pilipinas 2016, held in Subic Bay Freeport Zone last March 9-12, but he was not seen at the dinner event that his “Eat Bulaga” co-hosts Vic Sotto, Wally Bayola, Jose Manalo, Anjo Yllana, Allan K., Pia Guanio, Ruby Rodriguez, Pauleen Luna and Ryzza Mae Dizon attended.
Paolo revealed that the biggest lesson he learned from what happened is: “Bawal ang maldita.” [Being mean is prohibited.]