Alvin Patrimonio’s death is a hoax, says wife Cindy

  • News of Alvin Patrimonio’s death was spread by an online website two days ago
  • The PBA 4-time MVP allegedly died early this week
  • But Patrimonio’s wife belied all these and said her husband only had a simple check up

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) legend Alvin Patrimonio became the latest victim of fake death news, and his wife Cyndi was quick to deny the hoax article published on an online website two days ago.

Cyndi Patrimonio said the 4-time PBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) had a checkup but is very much alive and well.

“IT IS NOT TRUE THAT Alvin Patrimonio died. I appreciate your concerns. He had a checkup lang, that was it…a simple check up,” said Patrimonio’s wife on Facebook.

This after an online news published an article on Wednesday claiming that the Star Hotshots manager died on Monday afternoon at St. Luke’s Medical Center.

The fake news even quoted Cyndi as saying “He had already escaped death earlier on this year but we lost it this time”; supposedly during an interview over DZMM.

Image capture of Cyndi Patrimonio’s Facebook post

It further claimed that the PBA veteran was hospitalized in January and was discharged, but remained on a routine checkup.

But Cyndi belied all these.

She wrote: “To all the loving fans, our beautiful friends… Alvin did not die. That rumor came out 2 days ago.”

Loading…