- GMA Network’s “Someone To Watch Over Me” is the only Philippine teleserye nominated in New York Festivals
- An inspirational drama tackling the story of a wife’s unwavering love for her husband who has early-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- Finalists from the Philippines are from GMA, ABS-CBN, and CCTV News
GMA Network’s “Someone To Watch Over Me” is the only Philippine teleserye that was nominated in the New York Festivals.
In an article written by Nikko Tuazon of PEP, it was disclosed that the Kapuso teleserye starring Tom Rodriguez and Lovi Poe is the lone Filipino teleserye to be nominated in the New York Festivals.
“Someone To Watch Over Me” is an inspirational drama that tackles the story of a wife’s unwavering love for her husband who’s suffering from an early-onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
Aside from “Someone To Watch Over Me”, other finalists from the Philippines are:
- Community Portraits – Investigative Documentaries: PAAralan (TREADucation)
- Community Portraits – Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho: Gintong Medalya (One at Heart with Jessica Soho: Medal of Gold)
- Community Portraits – Reporter’s Notebook: Pasan-Pasang Pangarap (The Weight of a Dream)
- Human Concerns – Front Row: Bata sa Bintana (The Boy by the Window)
- National/International Affairs – Reel Time: Maling Akala (Costly War)
- Best Coverage of Continuing News Story – Lando’s Wrath
- Best Newscast – TYPHOON LANDO
- Climate Change & Sustainability – Warmer hosted by Atom Araullo
- Current Affairs – Mukha: Serbisyo (Faces: Service)
- Corp. Community Portraits – Gold Town Assignment Asia
- Current Affairs – Operation: Drug War Assignment Asia
Throwback! Let’s watch some of the heartbreaking episodes of Someone To Watch Over Me: