- PO3 Arturo Lascañas reportedly left the country Saturday night
- Lascañas said he received “threats of lawsuit” and there are people looking for him
- The former DDS member added it would be best to leave the Philippines ‘for the time being’
MANILA, Philippines – Former Davao Death Squad (DDS) leader and self-confessed hitman PO3 Arturo Lascañas has reportedly slipped out of the country amid threats of lawsuits from his enemy.
Lascañas is the former Davao City police who implicated President Rodrigo Duterte in alleged extrajudicial killings during his testimony in the Senate last month.
On Saturday night, Lascañas quietly left the country, according to Inquirer.
“I have received threats that a lawsuit would be filed against me, and there are also people looking for me as well,” Inquirer quoted him as saying.
The retired cop requested not to reveal where he is going but said it would be best to leave the country ‘for the time being’; suggesting that he is planning to come back.
Asked whether his leaving the Philippines has anything to do with him implicating President Duterte in his allegations, Lascañas said: “I’m not confronting him. I was just telling the truth, the whole truth about the killings in Davao, (and about) my involvement, because I want to have a clean conscience.”
Also, the former DDS admitted no one stopped him at the Immigration but had to wait for 15 minutes before his passport was stamped and allowed to leave.