MANILA — The Light Rail Transit 1 (LRT 1), Light Rail Transit 2 (LRT 2), Metro Rail Transit 3 (MRT 3) and Philippine National Railways (PNR) have announced the suspension of their operations in the upcoming Holy Week 2017.
Their normal operation is only until Holy Wednesday, April 12. Starting Maundy Thursday, April 13, up to Easter Sunday, April 16, operations will be stopped in observance of the holy week.
The temporary shutdown will give way to carry out maintenance of the trains for proper and secure service to commuters.
For added important information pertaining to the temporary suspension of operation, they emphasized on these specific details:
- LRT-1 will resume regular service on April 17, Monday at 4:30AM
- LRT-2 Santolan-Recto (Westbound) will operate at 5:00AM-10:00PM
- Recto-Santolan (Eastbound) will operate from 5:00AM-10:30PM
- LRT-2 will resume normal operations on Monday, April 17 at 5:00AM
- MRT will have full operation on Wednesday, April 12 from 4:30AM-10:30PM and will resume normal operation on Monday, April 17
As for the PNR, the Tutuban-Mamatid and Tutuban-Alabang trains will operate on Easter Sunday, April 16 at 7:07PM and 7:37PM respectively as per Rappler.com.
Maundy Thursday as well as Good Friday are regular holidays while Black Saturday is a special nonworking holiday.
— LRT1 (@officialLRT1) April 6, 2017
— LRT2 (@OfficialLRTA) April 6, 2017
— DOTC-MRT3 (@dotcmrt3) April 6, 2017