- FDA banned the use and sale of 12 Korean cosmetic products
- This was in accordance to the recall made by South Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety
- They listed down the banned Korean cosmetic products
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released a public warning on the use and sale of 12 Korean cosmetics due to extremely high levels of antimony.
Relatively high exposure of the chemical Antimony can cause irritation of the eyes, skin and lungs. It can also cause severe side effects such as lung diseases, heart problems, diarrhea, severe vomiting and stomach ulcers.
The FDA issued a statement that the ban was according to the South Korea Ministry of Food and Drug Safety’s (MFDS) own warning that the products contain high amounts of antimony and recalled the said products.
The statement was quoted by Manila Bulletin stating, “Anyone who has bought the aforementioned cosmetic products, either from international travel (i.e. South Korea) or social media sites illegally offering them for sale, are highly advised to immediately stop using them and throw them away.”
The list of banned Korean cosmetics:
- Aritaum Full Cover Stick Concealer (#1 Light Beige)
- Aritaum Full Cover Stick Concealer (#2 Natural Beige)
- Aritaum Full Cover Cream Concealer (#1 Light Beige & Natural Beige)
- Aritaum Full Cover Cream Concealer (#2 Olive Green & Pink)
- Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Duo (#3 Gray Brown)
- XTM Style Homme For Men Easy Stick Concealer
- Black Monster Homme Black Erasing Pen
- Skeda Homme Spot Concealer
- Skinfood Cherry Full Lip Liner (Rose Cherry)
- 3CE Slim Eyebrow Pencil (Chestnut Brown)
- Makeheal Naked Slim Brown Pencil Br0203
- Makeheal Naked Slim Brown Pencil Yl0801