- In observance of the 2018 Araw ng Kagitingan and Philippine Veterans Week, MRT3 will be providing free rides to Filipino veterans and one of their companions
- DOTr announced the good news on its officials social media accounts and wrote guidelines which shall be observed
GOOD NEWS: Filipino veterans will get to enjoy free rides on the Metro Rail Transit-Line 3 starting April 5 to April 11, 2018, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) announced on Thursday.
Pinoy veterans (plus one free companion) can avail the free service at the said dates from 5:30AM to 10:30PM in observance of the 2018 Araw ng Kagitingan and Philippine Veterans Week.
According to a DOTr official Facebook post, to avail of the free ride, the following guidelines shall be observed:
- All Filipino veterans may avail MRT-3 free rides from April 5 to 11, 2018, from opening to closing of revenue operations.
- The veteran shall present his/her Philippine Veterans Affairs Office (PVAO) identification card upon entry at the departure station to avail the free ride.
- The veteran shall be allowed a maximum of one (1) aide or companion who shall also be entitled to a free ride.
- The veteran and his/her companion shall each get a magnetic single journey ticket (SJTs) from the ticket seller stationed at the service gate to gain entry to the paid area of the departure station.
- At the arrival station, the veteran and his/her companion shall drop the issued magnetic SJTs at the box located at the service gate before exiting.
GOOD NEWS: In observance of the 2018 Araw ng Kagitingan and Philippine Veterans Week, MRT-3 offers FREE RIDES to all Filipino veterans (with one free companion) from April 5 – 11, 2018 at 5:30 AM to 10:30 PM. #DOTrPH #ArawNgKagitingan2018 ?? pic.twitter.com/xyreuZScwp
— DOTrPH ?? (@DOTrPH) April 5, 2018