- The DBM confirmed that government employees will start receiving their mid-year bonuses by May 15
- The mid-year bonus is equivalent to one month’s basic salary
- Secretary Diokno also confirmed the condition for employees who will qualify for the bonus
The Department of Budget and Management announced that over 1.5 million government workers will start receiving their mid-year bonus by May 15.
Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno was quoted by GMA saying, “This mid-year bonus is equivalent to one month’s basic salary.”
Secretary Diokno clarified that only government employees who passed the following conditions will qualify to receive the bonus:
- Those who have rendered at least a total of an aggregate four months of service from July 1, 2017 to May 15, 2018
- Those who remain to be in government service as of May 15, 2018
- Those who have obtained at least a satisfactory performance rating in the applicable performance appraisal period
In accordance to Budget Circular No. 2017-2, government workers entitled to receive a mid-year bonus are all positions for civilian personnel, whether regular, casual, or contractual in nature, appointive or elective, full-time or part-time.
Secretary Diokno added that the budget allocated for bonus of government personnel is around P36.2 billion.